Aviation Workers' Compensation
A Starr Aviation Workers' Compensation solution is based on two key elements - the experience, depth and creativity of our underwriters, and the financial capacity and market strength of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies, our workers' compensation market and underwriting partner. We combine our underwriting expertise with the extraordinary benefit of our Aviation Safety & Loss Control experts to help your operation reduce the frequency and severity of claims and your workers' compensation premiums.
Middle Market Unit: offers a variety of rating plans for accounts generating a premium of $50,000 or more.
Small Business Unit: offers an alternative solution to the limited number of available options for aviation workers' compensation accounts that fall below $50,000 in premium.
Some specific highlights of our industry leading workers' compensation rating programs designed to insured's specification include:
- Guaranteed Cost
- Large Deductibles
- Retrospectively rated programs
- Paid Loss option
- Incurred Loss option
- Dividend Programs
All rating programs are subject to Starr Aviation underwriting guidelines.
Classes of Business
- Airlines – Passenger & Cargo
- Charter Operations
- General Aviation Service Providers
- Aircraft Management
- Helicopter Operators
- Labor Providers & Contractors
- Corporate Flight Departments
Supplemental Coverages: the following are the most commonly requested coverages available with any workers' compensation rating plan. Additional coverages are also available upon request. All coverages are subject to Starr Aviation underwriting guidelines.
- Foreign Voluntary Compensation: extends coverage to employees of the insured while outside the U.S. It provides for a generous repatriation limit of $250,000 with a built in feature through FrontierMEDEX that facilitates medical care along with many other valuable services.
- Voluntary Compensation: provides coverage on a voluntary basis for employees who are not subject to a state workers' compensation act.
- Waiver of Our Right to Recover from Others: waives the insurance company's rights of subrogation against third parties that may be responsible for an injury.
- Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation: provides workers' compensation and employers liability insurance for workers injured on the navigable waters as set forth by Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act.
- Stop Gap: provides employers liability coverage in the monopolistic states of North Dakota, Ohio, Washington, & Wyoming.
Superior Claims Management
All workers' compensation claims are directly managed by the highly experienced aviation claims management specialists of Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc. with direct oversight by our workers' compensation underwriters and Director of Workers' Compensation Claims.
Gallagher Bassett Services
Gallagher Bassett is the largest Property & Casualty claim administrator providing valuable progressive risk management solutions utilizing cost containment tools & medical expense management specific to the aviation industry. These services highlight their experience, expertise, & specialized systems designed to manage your aviation claims, minimize expense, & build your bottom line. Gallaher Bassett enjoys a client satisfaction rate of 97% and a client retention rate of 98% as a result of effective cost-reducing plans, proactive strategies and negotiating savvy.
Claims Management Tools
- Prompt Field Investigations with claim specialists
- Accurate & consistent loss reserving practices
- Litigation & Settlement Management
- Centralized Recovery Unit
- Customized 1-800 claim reporting
- Local, regional & centralized claims handling options
- Customized Management Reports
- On-Line Claims System
- Fraud Investigation
Medical Cost Containment
- Medical Case Management & Vocational Rehabilitation Services
- Outcome-based Healthcare Provider Networks
- Managed Care Savings
- Efficient Medical Services Management
- Rx program, including First Fill Options
- Customary Bill Review Services
Starr Claims Consulting
Starr Claims Consulting is an in-house service provided to clients as an additional claims management resource to ensure absolute policyholders satisfaction.
- Consulting and advocacy to clients
- Complex claim management and analysis
- Review quality and consistency of claims handling
- Service Strategy and integrated services management
- Attendance and participation at claim reviews
To report a workers' compensation claim to your Gallagher Bassett team click here.
Defense Base Act
Coverage intended to provide workers' compensation protection to U.S. civilian workers while working on a military base outside the United States, or on behalf of the U.S. Government under contract.