Starr Insurance Companies is one of the largest underwriters in education risk management in the United States. Starr provides insurance coverage across multiple lines of risk to over 1,000 educational institutions who partner with Starr for specific Accident & Health lines of insurance. We distinguish ourselves from competitors through our exceptional underwriting consistency and attention to student well-being and outstanding services for high school academic staff and employees, volunteers and high school risk management functions. When Starr manages our clients’ overseas travel risk, they can be assured of on-the-ground 24/7 local assistance from an expert assistance provider with an active centralized account stewardship to seamlessly manage complex programs with ease.
- Student Study Abroad
- Includes coverage for students, faculty, volunteers / chaperones, staff and families
- COVID-19 / Pandemic / Epidemic
- Customizable insurance programs to include COVID-19 specific coverages for students and school staff
- Emergency Evacuation Coverage to include pandemic
- Trip Delay to include Quarantine Coverage
- Starr’s expertise in global travel assistance is unparalleled. We have established a track record of superior response and service through deep relationships with premier assistance providers. Our industry expertise and personal service brand is strengthened through our assistance company, Assist Card, a Starr subsidiary, an industry leader for over 50 years.
- Starr’s dedicated claims team and our multilingual travel assistance service partners are available 24/7/365. Our claims departments are located in New York City and Philadelphia and managed by experienced claims professionals. Our in-house claims team manages all aspects of claims handling and oversees performance of our expert TPAs.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
- Emergency Medical and Out of Country Emergency Medical Benefit
- Student Psychological Therapy Benefit / Student Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Benefit
- Trip Interruption / Trip Cancellation Based on Perils / Trip Cancellation for Any Reason Benefit
- Travel Benefits – Lost Baggage / Loss of Travel Documents / Baggage Delay Benefit
- Emergency Reunion Benefit / Family Reunion Benefit
- Evacuation Benefits – Emergency Medical / Pandemic / Security / Natural Disaster Benefit
- War Risk Rider Benefit
- Repatriation of Remains Benefit
- Personal Property Benefit
- Carjacking Benefit
- Education Expense Benefit
- Rehabilitation Benefit
- Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification Benefit
Not all coverages are available in all states.
Benefits described herein are underwritten by Starr Indemnity & Liability Company. Starr Insurance Companies is a marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. The coverages described in this document are only a brief description of available insurance coverage. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not provide any guidance regarding specific coverage available or any claim made thereunder. Any policy described herein will contain limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions. For costs and complete details of specific policy coverage, please contact an insurance professional by sending an email to the address provided above.