Starr’s Crime & Fidelity Coverage helps to reduce the impact of losses from fraudulent activity in today’s environment. Starr makes it a point to understand what it takes to protect businesses and offer the right coverage to help restore operations as usual. As experts in Crime & Fidelity, we cover assets of the company / organization from theft by employees and non-employees to mitigate the impact to operations.
- Commercial Enterprises
- Financial Accounts
- Not for Profit Organizations
- Employee Theft
- Forgery or Alteration
- Inside the Premises- Loss of Money and Securities
- Inside the Premises – Robbery or Safe Burglary of Other Property
- Outside the Premises
- Computer Fraud and Funds Transfer
- Money Orders and Counterfeit Money
- Credit, Debit, Charge Card Forgery
- Clients' Property
- Fraudulent Impersonation (Social Engineering Fraud)
- Loss of "Funds"
- Loss of "Other Property"
- Up to $25M in primary and/or excess Crime & Fidelity capacity
Loss of Control Service
- Risk Management program for insureds to help mitigate and reduce losses from fraudulent impersonation (social engineering) schemes through a partnership with KnowBe4
- A private company employee issued fraudulent benefit checks to ghost employees, then the employee deposited the checks into a personal account. The scheme lasted 18 months, and resulted in a loss of $98,045.
- A not for profit employee used the organization’s credit and gas cards to make unauthorized purchases over a span of 6 years before discovery. Insured suffered a loss of $510,644.
- An individual impersonating a current vendor of a not for profit organization requested that future payments be directed electronically to a “new” bank account. The organization proceeded to send six payments totaling $162,389 before discovering that the request was fraudulent.
Coverages described herein are underwritten by Starr Indemnity & Liability Company or Starr Surplus Lines Insurance Company. Starr Companies is a worldwide marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. The coverages described in this document are only a brief description of available insurance coverage. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not provide any guidance regarding specific coverage available or any claim made thereunder. Any policy described herein will contain limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions. For costs and complete details of specific policy coverage, please contact an insurance professional by sending an email to the address provided above.