Starr Insurance Companies’ Defense Base Act department offers statutory federal Workers’ Compensation and Employer’s Liability insurance to U.S Government Contractors working outside of the United States.
We seamlessly integrate claims handling, 24-hour emergency medical & travel assistance, and loss control.
Starr’s experienced underwriting staff can also coordinate service delivery for Defense Base Act Coverage along with other complementary product lines for Foreign Voluntary Workers’ Compensation, Accident and Health, and Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion.
Our focus is compliance and responsiveness to customer needs. All programs are tailored to the specific needs of their client. Any insured can
request a customized service protocol in order to support their unique business needs.
- Shipping & Logistics
- Communications / Telecommunications
- Computer & Information Systems
- Engineering / Architects
- Training & Education
- Defense Base Act - Statutory
- Employer's Liability Coverage
Additional Coverages Available
- Foreign Voluntary Workers' Compensation
- Accident & Health
- Kidnap, Ransom, and Extortion
- Board Certified, In-House Safety Professionals
- Safety Training, Posters, & Incentivzation
- Safety Loss Control and Culture Survey
- Safety Management Mentoring Program
- Pre- and Post- Deployment Questionaires
- Loss Analysis and Industry Comparisons
- OSHA 10 and 30-Hour Training
- Emergency Response Plan (ERP) Services
- Soft Tissue Testing Program (Emerge Diagnostics)
- Cutting-edge technology for soft-tissue testing
- FDA approved medical device
- Five simultaneous tests: Range of Motion, Electromyography, Function Capacity Test, Pinch Test, and Grip Test
- Quicker return to work times
- Lower claim costs / lower premiums
- Site-specific treatment recommendations for work-related conditions
- Can identify and age an injury to determine change in condition and better treatment for work-related conditions
- Objective findings
- Legally defensible
- Offered to all Defense Base Act clients
- Objectively document compliance, malingering, and pain
- Gallagher Bassett is Starr Insurance Companies partner in Defense Base Act claims processing. Their international network and dedicated Starr specific Defense Base Act claims team manages claims locally and globally for our clients.
- Providing the insured:
- Care Management
- Back to Work Programs
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Litigation Management
- Management Information Services (RMIS) allows Starr the ability to offer flexible and comprehensive claims data systems for their customers
- Accident investigation
- Preferred relationship with a premier provider of such services with 80 owned agencies around the world, to provide Emergency Medical and Transportation Services.
- Flexibility to utilize other Medical Evacuation providers if the insured desires.
Coverages described herein are underwritten by Starr Indemnity & Liability Company. Starr Insurance Companies is a marketing name for the operating insurance and travel assistance companies and subsidiaries of Starr International Company, Inc. and for the investment business of C. V. Starr & Co., Inc. and its subsidiaries. The coverages described in this document are only a brief description of available insurance coverage. It is intended for general information purposes only and does not provide any guidance regarding specific coverage available or any claim made thereunder. Any policy described herein will contain limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions. For costs and complete details of specific policy coverage, please contact an insurance professional by sending an email to the address provided above.