Starr Specialty Lines, a member of Starr Insurance Companies, is a recognized market leader for Builders Risk Coverage regardless of location, type of construction or final occupancy and has the knowledge, expertise and resources to underwrite and provide loss control services for the smallest / simplest projects to the largest / most complex projects with limited exception.
- Contractors (Construction Managers, General Contractors & Specialty / Trade Contractors)
- Real Estate Owners & Developers
- Governments & Public Entities
- Public & Municipal Utilities
- Primary, Secondary & Higher Education Systems
- Commercial & Institutional Buildings (mixed-use, office, retail, hospitality, educational, healthcare and multifamily residential) other than incidental exposure within an otherwise acceptable class of construction, we do not entertain wood frame construction
- Airports, Sports Arenas & Stadiums
- Industrial & Manufacturing Plants (including equipment & machinery installation)
- Streets, Roads, Highways & Bridges
- Freight & Passenger Rail Lines (at grade below & above ground – including infrastructure & stations)
- Heavy Civil Works (tunnels, dams, levees, ports / marine terminals, piers, wharves & docks)
- Water, Wastewater and Desalination Plants
- Municipal, Public, Independent & Merchant Power Plants (simple / combined cycle cogeneration, hydro, solar, wind & geothermal)
- Oil, Gas, Chemical & Petrochemical Plants and Infrastructure (pipelines & compressor / metering stations)
Coverage provided on a completed value basis for the full project term on an All Risks basis with additional coverage extensions including:
- Removal of Debris, Professional Fees, Expediting / Extra Expenses, Escalation Clause, Partial Occupancy, Emergency Property Protection Expense, Ordinance & Law, Inland Transit, Offsite Storage, Claim Preparation Expense and Delay in Completion / Delay in Start-Up Coverage.
- Project Builders Risk – covering an individual project or multiple phases within an individual project for full project term.
- Masters Builders Risk – covering all projects awarded to the insured during the annual Master Policy period. Individual projects are automatically covered (subject to declaration to the company within 90 days of award) for their individual full project term and their individual full contract value based on terms, conditions and rates pre-agreed at Master Policy inception.
- Installation Builders Risk – (specialty / trade contractors only) – only covering all work performed during the annual policy period subject to a blanket policy occurrence limit. Coverage for Escalation Clause, Partial Occupancy and Delay in Completion / Delay In Start-Up Coverage is not available.
Project / Policy Period
- Up to 108 months
Minimum Policy Premium